CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You're Beautiful














Good Morning Friends!

Today I'd just like to have a conversation with you. A heart-to-heart of sorts. In a world where there is so much pain and sadness, I feel compelled this morning to encourage you.

Can I do that?

First of all, do you know how beautiful YOU are? How loved YOU are? Do you know that YOU have what it takes? Do you know that YOU were on Jesus' mind when He hung on a cross over 2,000 years ago? I wonder... do you know? Do you really know? Do you know how special YOU are in the eyes of God?

Maybe you are a mother who is struggling with self-worth because at this season in your life, you have been called to change diapers and nurse babies instead of pursue the career path you've dreamed of your entire life.

Perhaps you are a single woman who is lonely and becoming impatient because your prince charming still hasn't arrived on his white horse to carry you away. All of your friends are married with children and it appears as though you've been forgotten about... left behind.

Maybe you are consumed by a job you love but you're sinking into a deep, dark depression because you work so hard, but others seem to be getting all the credit. You feel taken advantage of and severely unappreciated.

You've had your heart broken. You've feel defeated. You're empty. You're overwhelmed. You just want to give up. Besides, the world wouldn't be affected by your absence anyway.

Right?

WRONG!

In Psalm 139:17 it says, "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God!"
Friends - this means YOU and I are in His thoughts! The Psalmist, David, goes on to say, "They are innumerable! I can't even count them!" God... the God of this universe, the One who is All-Powerful, All-Knowing, the King... He thinks we're precious and WE are His workmanship for whom He is most proud! Oh how special YOU are to Him!

In Matthew 10:30 Jesus says, "And the very hairs on your head are numbered."
THIS is how intimately our Father knows us! He cares for us enough to have numbered the hairs on our heads!! Don't miss this!

Ephesians 3:18 says, "And may you have the power to understand, how wide, how long, how high and how deep His love really is."
Dear friends, He overflows with love for YOU and for me. It literally overflows. We can't even fathom this kind of love. It's too wide, too long, too high and too deep.
I'm reminded of the first time I saw the ocean. I was about 13 when I saw it for the first time. It was incredible! What I remember most is that there appeared to be no end. It seemed to just go on and on and on and on. I remember thinking - WHAT is on the other side of that body of water? Could there possibly be ANYTHING on the other side? Is there really an end to this thing?
Listen - God's love for us is like that ocean. That large, turquoise body of water. It goes on and on - there is no end. He is filled with love for us!

1 Peter 5:7 says, "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you."
I know it's hard to believe, sometimes, that God has time to really CARE about what happens to you... but He does! His word tells us this! He's not some God who hands out punishments and orders from His throne and then forgets about us. He CARES about us. When we're sad - He is sad. When we are hurt - He is hurt. He feels our pain and He's counted our tears (Psalm 56:8 - "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle.") He doesn't just care about YOU, sweet thing, He cares deeply for you. So much that He collects our tears. Oh how thankful I am for this Holy compassion.

I love Ephesians 2:4-5, "But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so very much that even while we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead." I especially appreciate the NLT version where in parentheses it says, "It is only by God's SPECIAL FAVOR that you have been saved."
Let's not forget that we are God's SPECIAL FAVOR. He loved us THAT much that He was willing to send His Son to take our place. The word favor means: the state of being approved or held in regard. He approves us. He considers us as worthy. We are His favorite! Think about that for just a moment!

And then there's this one... Jeremiah 29:11... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
He has plans for YOU. He's not finished with YOU. His plan is to give you HOPE and a FUTURE. (Jeremiah 1:5 says "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb." He KNEW us. He knit us together in our mother's womb and He has a plan and a purpose for our lives. He's created you at this time for a distinct purpose and He's going to use YOU and I to make a difference!

The bible is God's love letter to us. We read about His unfailing love over and over again. The bible teaches us that we serve a compassionate God who is filled with grace and mercy and most of all LOVE.

I hope you are encouraged by His words. And I pray that you never doubt your worth. You are beautiful. You are loved. You are treasured. You are His!

Be blessed today!




Finding JOY in the JOurneY,

6 comments:

Melinda Patton

Wow...what a powerful post! I hope you don't mind if I share it on my FB page. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Wendy Bender

Thank you Melinda!! That would be great to share it on your facebook page! Thank you! :)

Anonymous

Just what I needed today...thank you, my Friend!

The Warrior Suz

Thank You, Wendy. Words I need to hear for sure. When you hurt so deeply it is hard to see oneself as beautiful as pain is not very pretty.

Anonymous

What a wonderful message...Thanks for sharing and I hope you dont mind that I share with my group. It seems so many are hurting and looking for such encouragement...THANKS!!

Julie Sanchez

This really spoke to me since I am in the midst of studying "Captivating" with the women of my church. I am starting to believe that I really am "beautiful". :)