CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Humility

One of the greatest characteristics that I admire above all others is Humility. I totally admire men and women of God who are humble.

Now, I'm a BIG American Idol fan. I don't watch a lot of T.V. - but for me, on American Idol night - leave mama alone - I'm watching! For those of you who are fans of Idol, you'll know what I mean when I say it's down to the David's! David Archuleta and David Cook will be the two finalists who will go head-to-head next week, dukin' it out for the crown of victory! I've watched the show since the very beginning and I have to say, it's quite a toss-up on who's going to come out on top this time. These are both extremely talented guys! Both bring a unique flavor to the competition and I can't decide which way it's gonna go! Either way - I'm confident that both will have record deals before the end of summer and we will be seeing lots more of the David's in upcoming years.

Last night as they recapped each Idol's journey - I was blown away by how HUMBLE David Archuleta is. For him, it does NOT appear to be about the fame and glory. For him, it's about his love of music and, in his own words David says, "I just want to make people happy with my music." You can see one of the Fox News interviews he did here. I have to tell ya - you can't help but smile when you watch this! He's great!

I wish more people could be like David. I wish I could be more like David. Being humble and just loving what you do for the love of doing what you do... that trait is so admirable!

The life of Jesus is the perfect example of humility. He was not pompous and arrogant. He humbled himself before those who would later persecute him. Just one example was the washing of his disciples feet. Read John 13:12-14. Jesus humbled Himself on numerous occasions so that others would believe He is the Savior! And of course there was the greatest example of humility - His death on the cross. Jesus humbled Himself greatly before God for our Salvation.

I pray that I can learn to be more humble. More like Jesus...

Matt.18:4
"Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

James 4:6,10
"God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

0 comments: