CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 03, 2008

So You Say It's Your Birthday... Well it's MY Birthday too!

I've been singing that song all day. Well - actually all weekend. See - around my house, when it's your birthday - you actually get a birthday week or weekend - so for me - that was this past weekend. It was a really nice weekend spent with family and friends. I am blessed beyond words!

Today marks my 12,320 days on planet earth! Wow - what a ride it's been! Here are some of the highlights from birthday's past...
  • My parents once flew me and my boyfriend (at the time) to Chicago for a day trip. We ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and took a stroll through Bloomingdale's. I was 20.
  • I remember that I got an Apple computer for my 17th birthday. My mom individually wrapped each part to that computer... the mouse, mouse pad, monitor, keyboard... it was awesome. I remember thinking how COOL I was to own my very own computer (and this was long before Internet).
  • I had a birthday party at Burger King one year. I think I was in the third grade. It was fun, but the highlight was watching my friend, Denise, throw up her lunch!
  • My wonderful husband bought me a beautiful diamond ring a few years ago. It was really too big for the finger I wanted it to fit on, so I forced it on another finger, thinking it would fit better. It didn't. It got stuck! I mean I couldn't get it off my finger for the life of me! I panicked and of course, that made it worse. We spent that night in the Emergency Room getting my new ring CUT off my finger! Now that's only something I would do!
  • I was pregnant on my 27th birthday. I tried to be happy - but truth be told, I was miserable! I'd chosen my favorite restaurant, at the time - Chi Chi's and I couldn't eat a thing! I was so sick! Pregnancy sick and throwing up! I was glad everyone else got to celebrate with nachos and burritos... while I hurled in the women's restroom!
  • I had a sleepover party when I was 13. I remember having a Madonna Look-Alike Contest and of course, I won! Oh - and I think that's the night my 4 best friends and I formed our own band, 'Timeout'. :) Oh those were the days!

I've had some wonderful birthdays, that's for sure!

THANK you to all my wonderful family and friends for another blessed birthday!

0 comments: