CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

In Honor of Father's Day, Part 1

Father's Day is coming and I wanted to do something special here on my blog to honor the two most amazing men in my life. Today's post... My Daddy (pictured here in 2006 with my Chloe and my sweet mom).




Dear Daddy...

On this, Father's Day 2011, I want to THANK YOU for giving me many reasons to love you...



Thank you for loving me unconditionally.
-There has never been a time when I didn't feel your love for me.
Thank you for the way you always provided for mom and I.
-Even when times were tough, you worked hard to provide for us.
Thank you for your generosity.
-You've always demonstrated Godly giving.
Thank you for your protection.
-You've always protected and defended me.
Thank you for always being on my side.
-No matter what, I have always known you had my back.
Thank you for teaching me practical life skills.
-I've always admired your wisdom and problem solving skills.
Thank you for your sense of humor.
-You've always made me laugh and taught me the importance of never taking myself or life too seriously.
Thank you for your honesty.
-I learned to trust because of you.

For giving me life.
For helping me up when I fell down.
For demonstrating Godly character.
For having patience.
For listening.
For laughing.
For loving.
For teaching.
For forgiving.
For supporting.
For growing.
For choosing to stay and be the kind of dad others should envy.

THANK YOU.

Thank you for living out this verse:

Deut 6:5-7, "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up."

I love you!

Finding JOY in the JOurneY,



www.wendybender.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Kathy

Simply beautiful...

Anonymous

Well he has the best daughter a daddy could ask for!!!An I LOVE YOu cuz u CRACK ME UP!!! HAhA had to say that