CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 01, 2007

Random Thoughts Part II

I like to blog this way. Let's me get out all of that "stuff" that's seemingly locked away in my brain... so here it goes... my Random Thoughts Part II:

- I'm so getting these for this winter. Laugh all you want - but these shoes ROCK! If you haven't tried on a pair of regular Crocs yet - - let me just tell you what you're missing! Comfort... pure comfort, baby! Gotta get these ones made for the winter months, though!

- Inspired by this website, I have decided to sit down with my hubby each Sunday and actually "plan out" the weeks meals! I decided to do this for 2 reasons... 1.) I was tired of going to the grocery store each Monday and buying things - but nothing really "for an entire meal", just some random things (not to mention I shop when I'm hungry, I know - bad idea!) and 2.) It makes it a lot easier than getting home to try to decide what the whole family would like for dinner. This way - it's chicken - or NOTHING. It's Taco Salad - or NOTHING. Got the idea here?

- There are only 85 shopping days left until Christmas! Can you believe it??

- Two of my friends recommended this movie. I'm planning to take Chloe on Friday night! :) Can't wait!

- I started a new book this weekend. It's called Confessions of Pastor by Craig Groeschel. It's pretty good! Very easy read.

- I bought 5 new movies at Wal*Mart the other day for only $3.98 each!! They are... Mission Impossible 2, Mission Impossible 3, Dreamer, Failure to Launch and The Last Holiday. Not bad for less than $20. I love Wal*Mart!

- So am I the worst mom in the world? Last week, my second grader came home with a fundraiser envelope from school. Honestly, I did look through the book, but it immediately got trashed. I DON'T do school fundraisers. At least not the kind where you have to actually go door-to-door selling items from a book. I have no desire to ask my family and co-workers for money to help my daughters school or classroom earn more money. I don't do them for 2 simple reasons... 1.) The quality of the items aren't anywhere close to the price you have to pay! and 2.) I have no desire to bombard people who are already being bombarded by 12 other students hoping you'll buy what they're sellin'! No thanks, it's not for me. I'd rather give a cash donation to the school or classroom instead of guilting people into buying from us!

- I'm currently in the market for a new vehicle. I have to be honest, though, I detest going car shopping. My hubby, on the other hand, will do his homework THOROUGHLY before buying anything. I've already decided on this. :) (Trevor - you need not look any further!)

6 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Wendy,

I've been doing the weekly menu planning thing for almost a year now. One thing that I've found helpful is that I developed a list of foods I know how to make. I call it my food repertoire. It makes creating a menu a breeze.

I generally try to make something new and interesting 3-4 times per month so that part takes a little longer, but if it's something we like, I add it to the repertoire.

Here's mine:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dnz2834_2gfkvpx

Wendy Bender

That's great! Thanks for sharing, Brian!

Anonymous

How is a school fundraiser that benefits your child's education worse than hosting a jewelry party?

Wendy Bender

Thanks,"anonymous", for your comment. I truly appreciate it. I give loads of money per year to my daughters school and to her "education". What I was meaning was, I would so rather just write a check for the money they need than to go door-to-door asking for money from others who have already given to every other school in the county already. I participate in several other fundraisers that benefit her education or classroom. I am the volunteer coorinator for her classroom's basket fundraiser that benefits her entire school and I will personally make a sizeable donation to that as well. :)

Hosting a jewelry party that celebrates the friendships I have with other women... a totally different subject altogether! :)

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hey anyonymous,,,,GO BACK TO WORK and quit bugging your wife!!!!!!!!!
I have been doing a weekly menu for 16 years! Sometimes we skip one due to a school or Church event or a date night! It is sooo much easier to do the weekly shopping and I try to keep those things we like on hand so if we have a night we need something I can grab it and make it!
Michele

Anonymous

What's wrong with your vehicle? How much you asking for it?