CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Week Two and Three

THANKS to the many people who have been following my blog and supporting my quest to get healthy in '08. It's because of the amazing relationships I have with so many of you who support me on a regular basis that I am able to push through every week.

I have to say - it's not been as bad as I thought it would have been. I have found that making wiser choices is getting easier every day. It's a mind game, for me... it really is. AND it's planning ahead! When I know there's a time when I'm not going to get home to eat, I play it all out in my mind... Where should I go where I won't be tempted to eat something I shouldn't? What will I order when I get there? I actually find that having this all planned out before I even get to the restaurant helps. Actually, I don't even look at the menu, as not be to discouraged by all the yummy LOOKING things I can't have. Eating, for me, is all in my mind, so I just have to play tricks on it is all! :)

The other thing that has helped is having a couple people with whom I am regularly accountable to. Michele - you're awesome! THANK you for checking up on me weekly to get the low-down on my progress. That means more to me than you will ever know! Having the support is something that is truly making a difference.

Here are my latest healthy alternatives and tricks I have learned these last couple weeks:
  • I have stopped eating after 7:30 p.m. It helps me to not be as hungry in the morning. If I find myself getting hungry past this time, I just drink a glass of water!
  • I LOVE crumbled Bleu Cheese on my salads. I found a really good (and inexpensive) Meijerbrand that is low fat. And it's more than 1/2 the fat of regular!
  • Croutons make a good little snack.
  • I've never been a yogurt eater - but I have found those little things really fill you up. Harvest Peach Yoplait rocks!
  • Still loving the lettuce wraps at Jimmy Johns. I actually think I'm enjoying them better than the sandwiches on bread! (Wow - I never thought I would say that!) My favorite is the tuna with sprouts and cucumbers! YUM!

I'm learning and taking baby steps every day. Thanks for the prayers. Thanks for the support. Thanks for the emails and keep 'em coming! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous

You are most welcome! I enjoy hearing your tips and telling you mine! When do we go bikini shopping??? LOLLLLLLL
Michele