CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 04, 2008

Call Me Crazy!

Call me crazy - but I just am NOT the same person unless I am "planning" something. OK - like I'm one of those moms who LOVES to plan birthday parties. I remember when I was planning my wedding - I was in heaven. I love to "plan" anything... Fourth of July Parties, New Year's Parties, Baby Showers, Wedding Showers, Engagement Parties, Christmas Gatherings. Anything that requires lots of work and tons of stress - - I'm there. My husband thinks I'm nuts. Perhaps I am, but nonetheless, I love events planning.

So - holiday time for me is HUGE excitement. I even "plan" our tree decorating day. I "plan" cookie-baking time, I "plan" shopping outings and yes - I even "plan" gift wrapping nights. It's truly a sickness.

The bummer is - the holidays are now behind us and I'm left with nothing to "plan". Well... at home that is. At work, there's always lots to plan and that's the part of my job I TOTALLY DIG!

So - in an effort to somewhat feed my "planning" passion, I have decided to throw a huge Sleepover Party for my daughter. Although she has had one friend overnight several times, she's never had an official "Sleepover" before. She's almost 8 - now's the perfect time! :0

So - first things first... we had to decide on a "theme". My brilliant 7 year-old daughter says, "How about a Star Theme!" Like - Starlight, Starbright? Sounds fun! So - we're off and running. I picked up the invitations already - man are they cute. I told her she could have 7 girls come over and stay and we would do a "campout" in the living room. I'm now on a hunt for those glow-in-the-dark stars and moons to hang all over the ceiling. It's going to be a great time!

Honestly, I'm not sure who's looking forward to it more - - Chloe, or mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Wendy, Mars is out every night right now and it's red and bright and beautiful...depending on the weather it might be fun to show them Mars, the constellation Orion, the Seven Sisters....all out very early in the evening. Also, I'll go digging, I have lots of glow in the dark stars...if I can find them, I'll give them to Trevor. Have a great time, living with an amateur astronomer, all our parties have a star theme! Susan Kirsch

Anonymous

Chloe is in training to be a "Mini-Me".