CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Making Wise Choices

So last night on our way home from gymnastics class, Chloe says to me, "Mom, I have something to tell you. Please don't be made at me. I'm sorry." A bit intrigued, I said, "OK, baby, what is it?" "Well, at lunch today, I went up to get a milk and I saw some chocolate pudding sitting on the counter. So I bought one. When I got to the table I realized that I forgot that we were making wise choices, so I threw it away." "You threw it away?" I asked, now a little puzzled. "Yes, because it wasn't the wise choice and I felt badly for it, so I just got rid of it." Realizing that our life change was definitely having an impact on our 7-year-old daughter, I couldn't resist responding to her by saying, "Well, honey, you made the wise choice and I'm proud of you. But you know why I'm even prouder of you? Because you made the wise choice to be honest and tell me about it. Thank you for being such a wonderful little girl! God will reward you for being obedient. I love you."

I relish in these moments to be able to speak love into my daughters life. I realize that these days are precious. She's learning how to be the girl that God wants her to be and I couldn't be more proud to be her mom!

2 comments:

Unknown

Boy, you gotta teach me what you know.

I can sit down and expound upon the need for us to make healthy choices to Hannah and then when I'm done she'll ask for some candy.

Faythe Emens

You're such an awesome mommy and you have a terrific young lady for a daughter.

I love you all!