CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Quirks!

We all have them - - those little special things that make us who we are. I like to call them gifts - but maybe the real name for them is quirks! :0 I got to thinking about this at lunch today and I've come up with quite a list of my own quirks I'd like to share with all of you. Here's that list:
  • For some reason when I'm at a fast food restaurant and I'm getting a lid for my drink, I can NEVER grab the one that's on top. YUCK! I have to find one in the middle - that way I know no hands have touched it (well, unless there's others like me out there who also grab from the middle - then I'm doomed! Maybe I ought to start carrying around my OWN lids and straws!).
  • I NEVER drink ice water in restaurants. I won't go into the reason for this - I'd rather not say - but for some reason drinking ice water at restaurants makes me feel like I'm drinking toilet water! (I know - I have issues!)
  • All of my dollar bills MUST be facing the same way in my wallet! (I know many others share the same feeling about this as I do!)
  • I use loose change whenever possible. ie: bill comes to $6.44 - and all I have is $10's or higher - I will try my hardest to pay $10.44 - so I don't get the $.56 back! (My niece has made fun of me for years b/c of this!)
  • I can't burp. Don't ask me why - I just can't. It's physically NOT possible. I can count on one hand the times in my life when I've actually burped on accident. It's just the weirdest thing... I know!
  • I cannot bring myself to drink after anyone has used my glass! Even my own family. I just can't do it! If you take a drink of my beverage, you'd better plan on keeping it and drinking the whole thing - I just can't drink after anyone.
  • When I get home at night I have a "ritual" for turning on my house lights. I turn on the curio cabinet first, then the 2 lamps in the living room and then I burn a candle. EVERY night. Doesn't matter if we are having company or not - the same lights have to be on and a candle atop of the T.V. must be burning. I like a warm, cozy environment - it's very important to me!
  • After opening a straw from it's plastic or paper wrap - I must blow inside of it to make sure that there is nothing obstructing the straws path. (This is getting weirder by the minute!)
  • I always put my socks and shoes on beginning with the LEFT leg. Always!!
  • I cannot stand to have my belly button touched!! Even certain pants bother me if they rub the wrong way! Chloe used to be obsessed with my belly button as a baby and although it was very sweet - it bothered me so bad! Likes nails on a chalkboard!
  • Talk about blood clots makes my wrists hurt! Literally! Ask those who really know me well and they'll tell you! I can't stand it!
  • When I get home from work - the first thing I do is pony-tail my hair! (well, I guess that's after I turn on the house lights!) It's just in my way too much when I'm trying to cook, clean and get kids ready for bedtime!
  • I have to have the T.V. on at night in order to fall asleep. My hubby hates this!
  • I'm obsessed with organizational tubs. Small tubs, medium tubs, large tubs. Everything in my house that needs to be stored away is in tubs. I love tubs and I label them by season in my storage room in my basement.

These are just a FEW of the many things that make me who I am. What kind of quirks do you have?? I would love to hear from you! Make a comment and share yours!

2 comments:

Faythe Emens

Quirks?! Most of those items are 'normal' for me too! No wonder we get along so well.

Love ya!

Anonymous

LOL...you know they have medication for that and an official diagnosis, should you ever want one. But "quirks" also works, i guess. Miss ya!