CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Week One Is Behind Me!

Well... week one of my new "lifestyle change" is behind me! I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself. I did really well. It wasn't easy every day - there were times I REALLY wanted a piece of chocolate - but all-in-all, it was a successful 7 days.

Here's some changes I've made and some things I've discovered...
  • I'm now eating breakfast. I've never been much of a breakfast eater, and I have to say, this has been a challenge for me to place into my daily routine, but it's really helped. What I have noticed is that I'm not as hungry at DINNER time when I eat breakfast. That's just weird?
  • I've cut down my caffeine intake dramatically. I'll admit it - I'm addicted to pop. It's something I typically begin and end my day with. I have cut my intake to one a day - IF that.
  • Two days this week I've eaten salmon for dinner. Wow - the energy I got from this fish dish was amazing. I'll be learning how to prepare it at home now for sure!
  • Unwiches at Jimmy Johns ROCK. These are sandwich replicas simply done on whole pieces of lettuce. YUM-O! As good as their bread is - you really don't miss it. These lettuce wraps are pretty tasty!
  • Juicing is pretty cool! We bought this machine last weekend and I really like it! Trevor made a new creation yesterday morning... carrots, grapefruit and apples. I know it sounds gross - but boy, was it good! We'll be making that one regularly for sure!
I have to say one thing I didn't expect was - my migraines are back. Some people have told me that this is actually my body detoxing from all the junk I had become accustomed to eating. I guess that makes sense. My body is asking for fries and I'm feeding it slivered almonds. It's craving a snickers bar and I've replaced that with a caramel corn rice cake. I can see why body is reacting this way! :)

Continued prayers for me are appreciated! Anyone who makes life-altering changes, knows that there are challenges and stumbling blocks, but with Him, I know all things are possible.

I will continue to update you on my progress.

Thanks for sharing this journey with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous

Way to go Wendy, I know it's hard I have been trying to make some changes in the way I eat too. And give up Pop. I did pretty good last week. But it was not easy one day at a time.

Anonymous

I am so proud of you! I have not given up my coffee,,,I would rather give up a snickers bar, just using different creamer and no sugar all the time.
Michele

Anonymous

Hi Wendy! I will be rooting for you! I remember when I gave up caffeine and I thought there was NOTHING to drink! When you find the right alternatives to pop, you wont think of going back!