CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Racing through life?

I found this quote today and it really made me think...

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Doesn't that seem like so many of us? I can tell you, it sounds like mine.....

My days are filled to the capacity. Really they are! From morning 'till dark I find that our family is running at WARP speed. I actually feel like Mario Andretti MOST of the time! I go and I go and I go and finally at the end of the day I am exhausted. I run out of gas and with a long, heavy sigh I retire to bed. But do you ever feel like I feel? Like you run all day and when you finally have time to sit and think and relax - you feel like you should be doing something? It's a sickness, I'm sure of it - but that is what happens to me... My husband, bless his heart, thinks I am crazy. I am constantly going... but that is my nature. I am a do-er.

I plan on taking some vacation days coming up very soon and I got to thinking about all I want to do - well, more than that, what all I want to get accomplished. That's a shame isn't it? Take a vacation to see what all I can get done!

I heard it plain as day this morning as I was driving to work.. "Take time to relax!" What? What do you mean God? Take time to relax? I couldn't do that! There's so much I need to get done - so much that I need to be doing! Then I heard it again... "Take time to RELAX." I had to know that this was God - the voice was very clear and persistent. This was not a suggestion, I told myself... This was a direct order from God.

I am going to heed the call from Him and relax this summer. My daughter is turning five on Monday and I know that the next time I turn around she will be turning 10 and then 15 and then 18 and I will have wished I would have taken more time to relax.

Psalm 46:10 NIV: "Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10 MSG: "Step out of the traffic!" (that one is my favorite!)

1 comments:

Anonymous

great post, I'm going to use the first quote!