CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2005

Not a baby anymore!

Tomorrow, June 27th, is my baby's birthday! Well - her fifth birthday - so I guess that really doesn't make her my baby any more, does it? I told her the other day that she would always be my baby.

I have been crying for 2 weeks straight at the thought of her getting to be a big girl. She will go to Kindergarten in the fall and I am so sad. I am not sure why - I should be happy... but after all - it does mean that she will never again be little. She knows I have been sad for the past couple weeks and the other day she said to me.. "You're really going to be sad when I turn 17 mom!" I am not sure where she came up with THAT particular age - but I know she's right - I will be sad at 17, too, I'm sure of it!

Time goes WAY too fast... we need to remember that and remember to make every precious moment with our children count. For one day we will look back on all of this stuff now and say, "When did this happen!?!?"

"Let them be little, 'cause their only that way for a while... Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle, let 'em sleep in the middle... Let them be little!" -Lonestar

0 comments: