CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes!

So I was driving with my 4-year-old daughter, Chloe, the other day and she begins to talk to me in a pretty profound matter about death and dying and Jesus Christ. We were driving home from school and she asks me this - "Mom, what happens when we die? Will it really be beautiful like you said?" After almost rear-ending the car in front of me from the question itself I tried my best to pull over to have this "heart-to-heart" conversation with her that really called for more attention than I was actually able to give her being in the front seat of a moving vehicle. :)

My reply to her was simple "Yes, honey - when you get to heaven, it will be a beautiful place." AND THEN she responded with this "Mommy, did you know Jesus is in my heart?" I could barely wipe the tears from my eyes fast enough and I replied with "How do you know He is, Chloe?" I tell ya - out of the mouths of babes.... her repsonse.. "Because I can feel him in there... silly Jesus!"

Although, on the surface, this appears to be one of those "silly" stories, you know the whole "kids say the darnest things" scenario.... but to me it was much more. For me, it was more about the fact that she understands what it means to have Jesus in her heart. Okay - so she was a bit confused about Him actually being in there and making these "fluttery" feelings (as she said) in her heart - but I believe she is "getting"it. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to teach her about Jesus and how much He loves her. I feel so blessed to be able to witness to my OWN daughter about how we accept Jesus into her life and that with Him all things are possible. I pray that she will continue to ask all of those questions and even more that I will be able to answer her and asssit her through all of her life-altering decisions.

0 comments: