CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2005

God NEVER gives us too much!

I was thinking today about something... How true it is that God never gives us more than we can handle. Sometimes in the midst of pain and suffering, it is our natural tendency to complain or get discouraged... isn't it? I know sometimes I get down a bit if I am struggling, or if I am going through something that is difficult. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I was involoved in a minor slip and fall accident at work which resulted in a badly sprained ankle. I remember when I first did it - my first reaction was - NOT NOW, GOD... I can't possibly have this happen now.. I am too busy! I've got way too much on my plate to have THIS tradgedy happen to me! Why is that so often the case that we tend to ask those questions - WHY ME? For me, this situation was a lesson about to be learned! Of course the lesson didn't begin to truly unfold for me until after the pain had somewhat diminished.. :) Ha!

The lesson that was as clear as daylight to me in the days and weeks that followed was that it was NOT all about ME! I was doing WAY too much for me and God was trying to tell me to SLOW IT DOWN. Part 2 of that lesson included praising Him even when I don't feel like it. So often we get so "busy" and "wrapped up" in our daily living that we forget the One Thing that is the most important - praising and thanking or awesome Savior for all that He does and for all of the blessings that we have.

It's true, God never gives us more than we can handle - but somtimes it takes a busted ankle to get our attention. Slow down - take time to do the things that are the most important and PRAISE and thank Him daily for all the blessings in your life - - after all - He was the one who gave me the ankle to stand on in the first place!

0 comments: