CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Bigger Plans!

I remember when I was thinking about leaving my former “career” in the real estate industry. I had been in the field for almost 9 years and I really loved my job. I knew it well – and it gave me much satisfaction. I was “comfortable” in that environment. I knew the work – I liked the work and I did it very well. For me, this was safe. For me, my “story” would begin and end there…. But that was before I was presented a great opportunity.

When I was faced with a decision to leave my old job to join staff at Crossroads Community Church, I was a little confused. After all – there was nothing about my former job I didn’t like, however, I felt this “tug” at my heart. You probably can relate. The tug from God leading us down a different path. He had bigger plans for me and I did not see that right away.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Christian band, Casting Crowns, they are fabulous! When I purchased their CD, one song really spoke to me – and hit home with what I was going through at the time. For those of you who have not had an opportunity to get the CD – do it! You won’t regret it – these guys are awesome! Here are the lyrics that helped me to make a great decision to join the staff at Crossroads – and I have not looked back. I love it here. I cannot imagine being ANYWHERE else.. I know, now, that I am exactly where God wants me to be – without a doubt!

The Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns
Oh what I would do to have The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
On to the crashing waves

To step out of my comfort zone Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand.

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.
The waves they keep on telling me Time and time again, "Boy, You'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe
The Voice of Truth.

Oh what I would do to have The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone.
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand.

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.
The giant keeps on telling me Time and time again, "Boy, You'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe
The Voice of Truth

But the stone was just the right size To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe
The Voice of Truth

I will listen and believe
Cause Jesus you are the Voice of Truth!

1 comments:

Anonymous

your boat builder tug blog is great thanks