CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

New Book!

I love a new book! This one I actually pre-ordered about 2 months ago and I just got it a couple weeks ago. I was so excited. This is book #2 by Mark Waltz, Connections Pastor for Granger Community Church in Indiana. This one is a must read first... but I'm discovering a new love for this new one. Here's something I've been pondering...

"People want to belong to something bigger than they are, something exciting, adventurous, something excellent and significant. But if we aren't clear about calling people to be disciples, sold-out followers of Jesus Christ, they will continue to show up, cheer and maybe even tell their friends, but their lives may not reflect a personal, missional buy-in to the agenda of the kingdom of God and the grace of Jesus Christ. People matter too much to miss this critical distinction. God's agenda matters too much to allow this confusion."

1 comments:

Anonymous

Wendy -

Thanks for the enthusiastic review. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts or questions as you continue reading.

Mark Waltz