CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

More on Lasting Impressions

I mentioned in my last post that I'm reading a terrific book entitled, Lasting Impressions by Mark Waltz. Here's some more highlights... some things I'm chewing on...

Mark teaches the difference between feeling responsible FOR people he leads verses being responsible TO the people he leads.

"THE FREEDOM OF RESPONSIBILITY TO:

When I'm responsible to people, I understand they have choices.
When I'm responsible for people, I think I should decide for them.
When I'm responsible to people, I know they must figure out their next steps.
When I'm responsible for people, I try to tell them what their next steps are.
When I'm responsible to people, I know they must bear the consequences of their own chosen actions.
When I'm responsible for people, I assume the guilt - or worse, the shame - for them.
When I'm responsible to people, I share their journeys, offering encouragement and teaching.
When I'm responsible for people, I try to direct their journeys, never allowing them to wrestle, mess up, or make a wrong turn.
When I'm responsible to people, I talk to God a lot on their behalf.
When I'm responsible for people, I talk to people a lot on God's behalf."

0 comments: