CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Summer's End Carnival Celebration!


My church, Crossroads Community Church, had our 10th Annual Summer's End Carnival this past weekend! I have to tell you - what an amazing time we had! We had over 560 VOLUNTEERS pull together for one of the biggest community out-reaches I have ever seen! I have to tell you that I have never before seen such wonderful people - then the people of Crossroads! It truly amazes me when I think about the love that these individuals have for others and the selfless ways they are always SO willing to dedicate themselves to reaching more people to Christ. I had an opportunity to work in food service yesterday. It was so awesome to be a part of this totally free event for our community. In addition to free food, children (and adults) participated in many games, moon-walkers, face painting, train rides and antique pedal cars while the youth enjoyed a variety of X games. Although I experienced many wonderful "Kodak moments" yesterday - one that I will not forget is one of a little boy, who's name I will probably never know. He was THRILLED to be there - you could tell by the big smile on his face. His dad was with him and you could tell they were a little tired, a little hot and a lot hungry. When I asked him what kind of chips he wanted he didn't hesitate to say Doritos... and he would have been okay if I had told him that was all he was getting. Then I asked him did he want ketchup or mustard and he said, "neither thank you." I said "It's for the hotdog!" He looked up at his dad and said "I don't have to have a hot dog dad." to which his dad replied, "son, it's free- get yourself one!" The kid lit up and said "I will have ketchup please!" As he took his hotdog he smiled one of the largest smiles I had seen in the whole day. This may not seem like much, but at that very moment I felt amazingly blessed to be a part of a church like Crossroads and to be able to share with people the love that Jesus Christ has for us. At that very moment I prayed for this little boy and his father and I thanked God that we were able to make an impact - large or small..in his life and hopefully many others. At that very moment I was overwhelmed by joy and excitement - that I have the greatest gift on earth to share with others - - the gift of salvation through Jesus. Honestly - it doesn't get any better than that!

1 comments:

Anonymous

is there a summers end carnival for 2006 if so when?