CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

50 Promises for Marriage



As I was looking over some of our marriage mentoring material the other day, I ran across this list that was given to us by a dear friend of ours and made into bookmarks. In honor of National Marriage Week - I thought I'd post these 50 Promises for Marriage. Tomorrow I will share the 6 Keys To a Better Marriage Today... so stay tuned for more good stuff!




1. Start each day with a kiss.
2. Wear your wedding ring at all times.
3. Date once a week.
4. Accept differences.
5. Be polite.
6. Be gentle.
7. Give gifts. (I know you ladies are loving this one!)
8. Smile often.
9. Touch.
10. Talk about dreams.
11. Select a song that can be "our song".
12. Give back rubs.
13. Laugh together. (Mine and my husbands favorite thing to do!)
14. Send a card for no reason.
15. Do what the other person wants before he/she asks.
16. Listen.
17. Encourage.
18. Do it his or her way.
19. Know his or her needs.
20. Fix the other person's breakfast.
21. Compliment twice a day.
22. Call during the day for no reason.
23. Slow down.
24. Hold hands.
25. Cuddle.
26. Ask for each others opinion.
27. Show respect.
28. Welcome the other person home. (BIGGIE in my home.)
29. Look your best (I think I need to work on this one. Sweatshirts and sweatpants aren't my best!)
30. Wink at each other.
31. Celebrate birthdays in a big way. (Very important in our home.)
32. Apologize. (I'm getting better here.)
33. Forgive.
34. Set up a romantic getaway.
35. Ask, "What can I do to make you happier."
36. Be positive.
37. Be kind.
38. Be vulnerable.
39. Respond quickly to the other person's request.
40. Talk about your love.
41. Reminisce about your favorite times together.
42. Treat each other's friends and relatives with courtesy.
43. Send flowers.
44. Admit when wrong.
45. Be senstive to each other's desires.
46. Pray for each other daily. (I would take this a step further by saying, "Ask your spouse HOW you can be praying for him/her.")
47. Watch sunsets together.
48. Say "I love you" frequently.
49. End the day with a hug.
50. Seek outside help when needed.

Finding JOY in the JOurneY,

2 comments:

Christa

Your blog is blessing me very much! Thanks for putting in the time!
Christa

Wendy Bender

THANK YOU Christa! SO GLAD you are hanging out here with me! :) Hugs!