CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Whatcha Readin'?

Well - - it's summer and my goal of reading 15 books over the summer has officially begun. The bad thing is - I bought almost 20 books within the last two months and so now begins the hard job of picking just ONE to start with. I am famous for starting more than one book at a time and then getting so wrapped up in both of them that I can't put one down. Then I get totally confused which book I read what in... Thank God for highlighters! Oh - and sticky notes!

Some of the GREAT reads I just finished up on are:

In A Pit With a Lion On a Snowy Day - Mark Batterson
Be Our Guest - The Disney Institute
The Starbucks Experience - Joseph Michelli

If you haven't read "In a Pit..." you are missing out on something great! Get it! Go on - - stop reading right now and go buy it! :0) Just remember to come back.

Some other books I just purchased include:

This one. This was a recommendation from our Marriage Mentor small group. Looks like a good one and you can't go wrong with Kevin Leman.

This one. I ordered this one with the 'Be Our Guest' book. It looks pretty similar and I can't wait to read it!

This one looks good too. I have had this one for a couple months now and I am looking forward to it!

Other ones I have purchased include:

Good to Great by Jim Collins
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
The Big Moo by Seth Godin

And then on Monday night my mom brought over this one, too.

This doesn't even complete my list - - but it's a GOOD start! Looks like I am going to be nose to the book this summer!

For those of you who know that I can be somewhat of a procrastinator... do something for me, will you? Email me once a week to see where I am and how I'm doing on my reading! Some times I need a good kick in the shorts to keep me focused and motivated. :)

What are you readin'??

4 comments:

Faythe Emens

I just finished "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time". I've got several books to read this summer too! Maybe we can keep each other reading :)

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails

blogs! :)

Unknown

Have you ever tried to get a book club together? I'd be game!

Anonymous

I just finished The YadaYada Prayer Group gets Rolling...Martha Town clued me in to this series...and I also just finished a Karen Kingsbury book whose name escapes me at the moment, but is another one in the series about the Baxters. She makes her characters come so alive that if one of them was walking down the street I would recognize them right away! Another great read is Sacred Influence...I have read alot of books this summer...