CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 01, 2007

Summer is Here, Summer is Here!

Well - - Summer is officially here. Chloe's last day as a first-grader, was finished this morning at 10:50 a.m. I have to say (and I am sure it will shock most of you readers, yeah right) I cried a little bit! There was an Awards Ceremony this morning and it knocked my socks off! I feel so blessed to be able to send my daughter to a top notch Christian school where learning about Jesus is fully integrated throughout every day and in every event we attend.

I have to ask - - what's up with ALL the stuff that has come home from school with Chloe every day this week? Just when I think I have seen it all, she brings home another bag filled with items to return to home. Gym shoes, pencil boxes, water bottles, coats, hats, BOOTS, art projects, books, binders and oh - did I mention the summer opportunity flyer's... I must have counted at least 5 of them last night! WHERE did she have this stuff stored? There were 25 children in a smaller-sized classroom this year! YIKES!! I will say - Kudos to her teacher, Mrs. Miller, who had the students helping her pack things up and clean things down yesterday morning. I now see what you were doing... You bribed them with that swimming at the Centre in the afternoon because you were a slave driver to them in the morning. :) I see how that works! (Good idea!)

Tomorrow, as a celebration for Chloe finishing first grade, we are taking her here. We went once last year and it was really cool! I just hope the rain holds off a bit so that we can enjoy a few good hours of swimming in the sunshine! :)

ENJOY THE WEEKEND... TGIF!

1 comments:

Faythe Emens

Congratulations to Chloe! Quite an accomplishment to finish First Grade well.
I know what you mean about all the summer opportunity fliers and STUFF that seems to have reproduced during the school year... we're getting the same thing. My kitchen counter looks like a paper supply store.
We'll have to get the 2 First Grade finishers together for a movie (or something else fun)soon!