CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 08, 2007

Recipe Friday!

I'm gonna try something new on this blog. It's called Recipe Friday. Let me just say it - I love food and I love to cook! It's no wonder that most days my TV at home is tuned in to Food Network. Heck - I've even been known to sit in front of a Sandra Lee Semi Homemade Cooking show making the same meal with her - step by step. My fav's to watch, besides Sandra Lee, include Emeril, Rachael Ray, Barefoot Contessa, Paula Dean and Tyler Florence.

Each Friday, I will share a new (or oldie but goodie) recipe with you. I know we could all use some new ideas for mealtime - so if you have one to share - - share away! :) I'm always looking for new, exciting things to create in the kitchen.

This one I actually took from this show. It's a GREAT summertime treat and goes great as a side dish at a cookout. Hope you enjoy it!

Corn Salad
5 ears of corn on the cob
1 medium red onion chopped
3/4 c Cider Vinegar
3/4 c Olive Oil
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste

Boil the ears of corn for approximately 4 minutes.
"Shock" the corn cobs by submerging them into ice cold water after boiling is complete.
Take a knife and remove the corn from the cobs.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the corn and the chopped red onion. Toss together.
Poor the vinegar and the olive oil into the bowl of corn and onions. Mix well.
Add sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
Chill in fridge until ready to serve.

YUMMY!

1 comments:

Unknown

Cool. I've just discovered the Food Network. (we started getting cable TV about a month ago). So far I like Emeril and Iron Chef.