CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fifteen!




















Today is my wedding anniversary. Fifteen years! I can hardly believe it! Where has the time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday when we walked down the aisle? Wasn't it just yesterday when I got butterflies in my stomach at the sight of you waiting for me in that church sanctuary? We were so young. We were so ridiculously in love. We didn't know then all that we know now, but yet I wouldn't trade these past 15 years for ANYTHING else in the world.

You have taught me more about love than any single person on this planet. You have loved me on the worst days of my life. You have forgiven me countless times. You have led our family courageously. You have given more than you have ever expected in return.

You save me every day of my life.

And I am grateful!

Today... I celebrate who we are together. I am convinced that I am better WITH you than I could ever be withOUT you. You... complete me.

Remembering when... and loving you for...

... The time you TOLD Rural Electric that we WOULD have a wedding reception at Sauk Valley in the middle of the worst ice storm this county had seen in a long time. No power... too bad. And guess what? We had a beautiful reception. With heat. And lights. :)

... The time you had Salsaria's deliver food to me when I was home from work and sick in bed. They don't deliver. They did for you!

... When I was in labor with Chloe, our nurse insisted that we have "birthing music" during the delivery. We didn't know what "birthing music" was but that didn't matter. You ran right home to get a CD player with 20+ CD's for me to choose a song for our sweet Chloe to be born to. I fell in love with you all over again that afternoon!

... That first Mother's Day. You went to Bath and Body Works and couldn't decide on which scents I'd like - so you got them all! A bag filled to the brim with years worth of goodies! You knew the way to my heart back then!

... The time you came to my rescue when I had my accident on Ridge Road. "How will I know where you are?" you asked me. "I'm pretty sure I'm the only blue car in the middle of the field." I cried in response. You have always been my Superman!

I love you for so many other reasons..

For always letting me choose where we're going to eat.

For always being on my side... no matter what.

For keeping me grounded.

For scratching my back.

For you honesty.

For the way you love Chloe.

For the way you surrender more bed space just for me.

For the way you love to surprise me.

For the way your eyes light up when I look at you.

For the way you care for me when I'm sick.

For supporting your girls.

For loving animals.

For loving long rides to the lake on Sunday afternoons.

For being real.

For being so selfless.

For being kind.

For leading by example.

For serving God.

For loving me so well.

I love you more than I will ever be able to say! I want to spend the rest of my life loving and serving you with all that I have and all that I am.

All Because Two People Fell In Love,



www.wendybender.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Unknown

What a great tribute to your dear husband and a wonderful legacy you are leaving your daughter! God bless you, my friend, with many more wonderful years together! Tricia~