CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Am I Back in School Too?

Ahh - - the beginning of a brand new school year! I LOVE September. I love it for so many reasons... school is back in session and that means back to a "normal" or "semi-normal" routine, fall is nearing and leaves are beginning to fall off the trees, the air is a little crisper and of course new seasons of all my favorite shows are back (particularly CSI and House M.D.).


Chloe is in Second Grade this year! I can't believe it! When I dropped her off on last Monday, it seemed impossible that she is big enough to have her own locker and be in the big grade school wing! Simply impossible! But - she's growing up and it's happening right before my own eyes!


Can I just say - - what's with all the paperwork that comes home on a regular basis? It's like I am back in school! Almost every night she has papers that come home that I need to sort out. And it's not like I am one that can just push them aside. I have to take care of them AS they come in. So - - each night - there I sit, doing MY homework. Organizing school papers, managing homework that needs to be returned the next day, sorting out papers that she brings home that is already graded, keeping a calendar of all the events going on within the next few months. YIKES! AND of course, I'm always the mom that volunteers for any and everything. What's wrong with me? Seriously - I enjoy it. I tend to feel more guilty because of my hectic work week and not always being able to help within the classroom. I always try to help out where I can and how I can at home. :0)

Well - - I've gotta go - I'm sure there are papers I should be sorting or homework I should be reviewing...

1 comments:

Anonymous

Wendy,
Wait until you throw sports, or drama in there too! I thought Trevor took a job close to home to help with that stuff? Oh yeah who am I kidding!
Michele