CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

50 Things You Need to Know About Me

Hey there!

So - yesterday morning those of us on staff at Crossroads went on a Team Building Adventure with the LISD. It was a lot of fun and we even got to know some things about each other we didn't know (or perhaps, in some cases, never wanted to know). :) All-in-all it was a good day. Lots of team-building stuff that, hopefully, will make us stronger as one team serving one purpose.

So it got me thinking - I am sure there are a ton of things that my readers don't know about me. So - I've started my own "tag, you're it list". The first person I'm tagging to respond on their blog is my good friend, Faythe.

50 Things You Need to Know About Me
1.) I love Jesus!
2.) I love eating chocolate frosting straight from the can!
3.) I am an only child (and no, I was not spoiled rotten!)
4.) I cut my right arm open on a barbed-wire fence when I was 9 and had to have 13 stitches.
5.) I love the rain and storms!
6.) Fall is my favorite time of the year.
7.) I am addicted to email. Seriously - ask those who know me well how often I check it even on vacations!
8.) My first job was working at an ice cream store (and I ate more ice cream than I sold, I'm sure of it!)
9.) Friday is my favorite day of the week!
10.) My dream, since I was a kid, is to become an elementary school teacher.
11.) In school, I often got in trouble for talking to much. My report cards often read, "disturbs others in class". (I know, I know... you find this SO hard to believe - but it's true!) :)
12.) My husband and I bought a vehicle on Ebay 5 years ago and drove all the way to Minnesota to pick it up and bring it home - all within 2 days!
13.) I once won a "prettiest feet contest".
14.) I had more male friends in school than female friends.
15.) I own more than 10 pairs of black shoes!
16.) I'm afraid of heights!
17.) I actually had fun and enjoyed planning my own wedding!
18.) My first boyfriend was in Kindergarten and his name was Justin.
19.) I like some rap music.
20.) My favorite subject in high school was English.
21.) My least favorite subject in high school was History.
22.) My favorite color is Burgundy.
23.) I love the smell of gasoline.
24.) I cry at Hallmark commercials!
25.) I broke my collar bone hanging upside down from a swing when I was in 2nd grade. OUCH!
26.) For my 21st birthday, my parents flew my boyfriend and I to Chicago for an afternoon.
27.) I've never had a cavity in my life!
28.) I went on a blind date once and choked on a piece of cheese pizza! (no kidding - it was awful!)
29.) I never went on another blind date again!
30.) I took a vacation when I was a senior in high school with my dad to Puerto Viarta Mexico and drank Fuzzy Navels for breakfast! (not recommended!)
31.) I hate to fly!
32.) I love to color with my daughter! It helps to relax me!
33.) I would eat Mexican food 5 days of the week if I could!
34.) I've seen the movie Titanic more than 20 times!
35.) I wrote a song when I was in high school.
36.) When I was a kid I used to think that that was my face on the Wendy's Restaurant sign! I asked my grandma, "Grandma, when did I have red hair?"
37.) My two favorite holidays are Christmas and Halloween!
38.) When I was in the fifth grade, my friend and I had a fake band. We called ourselves, "Timeout". We did concerts for my parents in our living room every Friday night!
39.) My bedtime is 11 p.m. most nights.
40.) When I can't sleep I read.
41.) My best friend (through junior high and high school), Rob, was shot and killed in Colorado January 5, 1992.
42.) Our limo driver left my husband and I on the night of our wedding and we had to ride home with friends of ours in the back of their car!
43.) I was in active labor with my daughter for 3 days!
44.) My favorite song at the moment is "By His Wounds".
45.) In my opinion Coke is much better than Pepsi!
46.) I skipped my American Lit class every day my senior year of high school.
47.) In November I will be a great aunt for the second time! (gosh I feel old!)
48.) My dream job would be to own my own party planning business.
49.) A friend of mine from high school still lives with her parents. She's 34.
50.) I like red grapes better than green ones!

1 comments:

Anonymous

3.) I am an only child (and no, I was not spoiled rotten!) "I would debate that"


12.) My husband and I bought a vehicle on Ebay 5 years ago and drove all the way to Minnesota to pick it up and bring it home - all within 2 days! "You forgot to mentiin that you did not like this vehicle so we sold it when we got home"



18.) My first boyfriend was in Kindergarten and his name was Justin. "I don't need to know that"



26.) For my 21st birthday, my parents flew my boyfriend and I to Chicago for an afternoon. "I don't need to know that either"

31.) I hate to fly! "Sounds Delisch.."
35.) I wrote a song when I was in high school. "Please sing it to me"

51. I have many favorites.