CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Saying Goodbye...

Can I just say RIGHT NOW that I hate goodbyes?? They are never easy and I don't like them AT ALL! Here are some of my reflections as I say goodbye to two people who are near and dear to my heart...

I met Rick Mink back in November of 2004 when I applied for this position as Church Office Administrator for Crossroads. We instantly had a connection. I can't tell you what it was - but I just knew I was going to like him!

It's been a joy getting to know Rick and his lovely wife, JoAn. They have been like parents to me. They have supported me, affirmed me, guided me, loved and cared for me and taught me more than they will ever know. The things I have learned from them go far beyond just work-related lessons. Rick has taught me how to believe in myself and how to stand firm in what I believe in. He has taught me lesson after lesson about how to be a grace-filled person, even when it's hard. He's taught me about perseverance and determination. By sharing his life with me... by being completely transparent and open, he has taught be about honestly and humility and what it means to fully embrace every opportunity that comes... to seize the moment and how to take time to celebrate the wins in life.

Knowing Rick and JoAn has been an absolute joy for me. I am richer for having known them and I will forever be blessed by the legacy that they leave me. Although there is now a large void in my life, I will forever be grateful for the time we had together.

So... thank you Rick and JoAn. Thank you for sharing this journey with me. Thanks for your kindness, for your support and for your friendship. I will miss you more than you'll ever know.

0 comments: