CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Loving Diego!

Meet Diego. He is one amazing little boy! We are truly blessed to have him in our lives!

A little background on our friend... he was born with FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome). He was adopted by my friend, Faythe and her husband, Joe, when he was just a baby. Diego has overcome several obstacles already in his young life. To know him, is to love him. From the moment I met him, I feel in love with him... and, oh yeah, by the way - so did my daughter! That's another story for another blog entry. :)

Today we had the privilege of watching Diego while his mom was at a meeting (can't wait to hear all about it, Faythe!) and his dad was at work. I love days with Diego. He is such a lovable, caring little boy. Spending time with him and being a recipient of Diego's love and affection reminds me of the simple, child-like love that Jesus wants for us to come to Him with. It's an honor to know you, my friend. And my prayer for you is that you will always know how much you are loved, and how much you mean to so many people whose lives you have forever touched.

Now - on to the funny part of this story (dry your eyes, now!)

Chloe was reading Diego a book on the way home tonight. She was very serious as she read about Shanna and her "animals". Diego, being Diego, delights in making people laugh. Literally, he CRACKS me up! This book is a simple rhyming book (most likely way below Diego's reading level as he is an excellent reader!) One of the parts in the book goes something like this... "I rhyme with money, hop, hop, hop... I am a ----" and of course it's bunny! Well - Diego thought it would be funny to say something different (not wanting to state the obvious) so he says... CHICKEN! If that wasn't funny enough (that one got a good snort laugh from me) he says, "Umm... Antelope!" Like what kid thinks of "Antelope!" (Just shows how smart this kid is!) Antelope! Okay - so it doesn't rhyme with money and it obviously was the incorrect answer - but I thought I would die from laughter from this dialog exchange between an eight-year-old and a seven-year old! PRICELESS - -simply PRICELESS.

These are the moments to remember!

1 comments:

Faythe Emens

We are truly blessed to have you guys in our lives. Thanks for loving and caring for Diego. It means more than words can ever say.
We love you all!