CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 20, 2007

An Afternoon To Remember

What do you get when you combine a beautiful Loch Erin Lake Frontage home, rain, two small canopies, rain, a basement full of yum-o desserts of all kinds, rain, a garbage-bag covered video camera, more rain and 17 people who have accepted Christ and want to make public their private confession of faith??? A WONDERFUL BAPTISM celebrating lives forever changed by Christ, that's what!

For those of you who couldn't make it out to the Baptism Celebration this past Sunday, August 19, boy did you MISS OUT on something big!

The day started out pretty bleak. I must admit I had my doubts about moving forward with an outdoor baptism in the pouring rain, but one thing I've learned about God - He is bigger than any problem we face. He knew the rain was coming long before we even planned this event and we weren't about to let a little water "rain" on this celebration!

Can I just say - we have the most incredible people in our church!!! I am constantly blown away by the support of those we serve Christ with every week! Time and again I am amazed by the countless ways our people step up to the plate to get things done! We can do what we do week in and week out because of the self-less acts of people helping to make a difference in the lives of those around them. To you, the people of Crossroads Community Church, I am honored to be doing life with you. I am honored to be able to serve Christ alongside of you. I am blessed by your love and count it a privilege to share this life journey with you.

Congratulations to all those who were baptized on a cold, rainy day in August. I know it will be an afternoon I will never forget!

0 comments: