CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Scripture Memorization

Okay - when I saw this concept, I knew I had to steal it. So please, don't let me take credit for this. At all. Here is where it originated from and of course you all know how much I LOVE Beth Moore! It was such a good idea - I knew I had to share it! I hope you'll join me in this!

What is "this" you ask? It's a commitment to a year-long scripture memorization and here's how it works:

Every 1st and 15th of the month you will choose a different piece of scripture that you'd like to memorize. Because the month is already nearing the half-way mark, my January 1st memorization will be quite shorter than the others I plan to memorize the rest of the year. Your memorization can be one verse, or several verses combined - that part is totally up to you! The goal: by the end of 2011, to have memorized 24 pieces of scripture! The scripture memorization should be, as often as possible, a verse that speaks to you in the current season of life you are in are.

Inspired by this blog post by Beth Moore from her Living Proof Ministries blog, I have created my own Scripture Memorization Spiral! Here is the finished product. Note: I am NO creative genius - If I can make it cute - SO can you! (This was a very inexpensive index card spiral I picked up at the store for $1.99 and embellished a bit to look... well... a little more girly!)































The ultimate goal, as described on Beth's blog, is to keep it simple and meaningful. Enjoy the process of deepening your biblical knowledge and growing in Christ!

Now - here's the deal. I'd love to know how many others will be joining me on this scripture memorization journey! If you'd like to join me, post a comment here on the blog. Include your name, where you're from and what your first piece of memorization will be. Then - on the 1st and 15th of every month I will post mine here on the blog AND also on facebook. I'd ask that you comment on my post every 1st and 15th as to what YOUR next scripture memorization is, again, including your name and where you are from. It will be exciting to see how many people are participating and, at the completion of 2011, how many scriptures were memorized!!

I can't WAIT to hear from YOU!

Finding JOY in the JOurneY,