CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Fingerprints of God

As I was reflecting on the past year and thinking through all of the new years resolutions I'd like to make for 2011, it got me thinking of all the blessings I have in my life. I have a wonderful family... great parents, a committed husband, an amazing daughter and more friends than I deserve. I have a small group who supports me and encourages me to be better, Godly grandparents and mentors who strengthen me and keep me going.

I... am a blessed person indeed.

There is no doubt that God has been with me every step of the way. As I've described to others many times... I can definitely see the fingerprints of God on my life. It got me reflecting on Psalm 139: 1-18...

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You.

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand — when I awake, I am still with You."


Indeed God has been there with me. He knows me. And I don't know about you - but that brings me GREAT comfort. That means - there is NOTHING I'm going through that He doesn't already know about. There's NOTHING I have to face alone. There's NOTHING I have to hide from Him. We cannot be separated because of my relationship with Him.

And it still amazes me that the God of the entire universe is still the same God who knows the intricate details of my life. He knows each hair on my head. He knows the number of my days. He knows my sin and loves me anyway. I read this the other day, "He {God} does not have to know us so well, but He chooses to."

This blows me away!

Here's just SOME of the evidence of God's fingerprints on my life...

~ July, 1985. Summer camp in Lapeer, MI. Counselor, Gail, took me under her wing and led me into a relationship with Christ. Her words to me in a letter years later, "I saw something unique in you... something that drew me to you." God's fingerprints.

~ January 5, 1992. The day I lost my best friend as the result of devastating murder, still unsolved to this very day. After sinking into a deep depression, God sent me comfort and support via Godly friends and family who pulled me through and kept me going. They were my reminder of life's frailty and didn't give up on me. God's fingerprints.

~ December, 1996. The car accident that should have taken my life. As described by one on-looker, "You were headed right for the tree! But it's like something took your car, picked it up, and steered it in the opposite direction!" God's fingerprints.

~ December 21, 2009. Surgery day for my husband that could have been his last day this side of heaven. Doctors later give a detailed account of the severity of his condition, "He was in BAD shape and we weren't certain of his survival." God's fingerprints.

I could go on and on recounting the many ways God saved me. I am most thankful for these fingerprints of God. They are evidence that He never left my side.

You know me God, and I am thankful for the fingerprints you've left on my life!


1 comments:

Cheryl

Jeremiah 29:11 Springs to mind. God has a plan and purpose for your life and great plans for you. What a joy to look back and see His hand and guidance, moving us from where we are to where He wants us to be.