CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Losing it!

I'm losing it... weight that is. I'm actually amazing myself. To date, I have lost a total of 12 pounds. I don't know where I'm losing it from... but it's come off and I am geeked! Been eating less carbs, more fruit and veggies and no snacks. Drinking lots of water and been downing O.J. like it's going out of style. Why O.J., you ask... because I've been afraid of catching one of the nasty bugs going around. So - in my effort to remain healthy, I've been drinking 2 full glasses of O.J. a day with my b-complex and b-12.

My friend Jen shared with me last week about this awesome website - www.e-mealz.com. THANK you, Jen! You have to check it out! It's a neat website that allows you to choose from several different menu "plans". In addition, you even get to choose the shopping location you wish! For instance, I have signed-up for the low-carb menus from Wal-Mart. What e-mealz will do is every Thursday, they will email me a menu schedule for each day AND a shopping guide specifically designed for Wal-Mart SuperCenter. All I need to do is take my handy dandy shopping list with me to Wal-Mart and shop for the items on the list and then go home and follow the low-carb recipes for a new dish every night! I KNOW my hubby will be excited about this! It seems we have gotten stuck in a "chicken and rice" rut. I get home to defrosted chicken, stare at it for a minute and think to myself, "Okay, now what?" Taking advantage of e-mealz will allow for more variety in our week-to-week meals. Good news - it's only $15 per month (which equates to only 50 cents per meal! Yeah! I'll keep you posted as to how it works out for us.

In the meantime, I would appreciate continued prayers for my ongoing weight loss. I am fully relying on God to get me through. Discipline is not always easy, but I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength.

Pressing On...

W

5 comments:

Faythe Emens

You go, girl! I'm very proud of you!

Love ya!

Anonymous

Way to go Wendy. You are doing better then I am. I have to get back on track. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

Hey Wendy! Way to GO! AND...even better news is you signed up for 3 mos of e-mealz so its really only $1.25/week!! yay! ($15 for 3 mos)

Keep it up!

Jen

Anonymous

It takes a lot of self-discipline and a LOT of prayer when you're going to lose weight and commit to it! This past summer I lost 40 pounds thanks to probably the best life-changing diet, weight watchers. i had a lot of people praying for me too. i will definitely keep you in my prayers. i wish the best for you!

-Salena Heimerdinger, a crossroad-er.

Anonymous

You go girl! I know how hard it to lose weight. I lost 65 lbs, tt just came off, and then stopped. I still have 35 to go, but it will not give. I need to go back to basics and start again.
1.Eat only one portion at a time. Usually means ½ cup of anything.

2.Get back to swimming. Christian Center has water arobics every Tues and Thu nights.

3.Start walking again. You need to walk at least one mile everyday. This is in addition to your normal walking. I have a walking DVD that I use.

4.And always remember. “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels”.

I think I have just talked my way into getting back into the swing of things. By helping you, I have just helped myself.