CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Last week we did a Volunteer Celebration for the wonderful volunteers of Crossroads Community Church. It was a nice evening of celebrating the lives that make our church what it is. A time to honor the men and women who so selfLESSly give of themselves week in and week out to help people who are far from Christ take that one step closer to Him. It was a nice night.

During the course of the evening, my husband was approached by a dedicated volunteer who told my him "thank you." Looking at this man a bit confused, my husband said, "why are you thanking me?" to which the man replied, "the staff spouses don't get much recognition and I just wanted thank you for all you for all you guys do and go through, too." (I'm paraphrasing here.)

I was blown away by this comment. And it's so true. Husbands and wives of church staff don't always get the recognition they so deserve. I've said it before and I'll say it again, ministry work is, by far, the hardest work I've ever had the privilege of doing, but by far, the most rewarding. Staff spouses have to endure a lot of sleepless nights, long Sunday's and short vacations. They have the distinct gift of listening and get signed-up to do things they, sometimes, didn't ask to be signed-up for.

Without a doubt, my husband deserves a gold metal for having put up with me for 11 years now (in March). I cannot tell you the times I've kept him up until 2am just listening to me ramble and the nights he's foregone sharing his day with me because I just couldn't wait to get out all I had to share out to him the minute he walked in the door! He's been patient, encouraging, supporting, understanding, sympathetic, realistic, honest, gentle and uplifting. He's been my comfort, my rock and my best friend.

The reality is, I could not do ministry without the love and support of my better half. He is truly the better half. He has made me a better person and I thank God every day for him. Thank you, Trevor, for loving me, for supporting me, for dreaming with me and for serving Christ alongside of me. I cannot imagine doing life with anyone else. Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!

0 comments: