CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 15, 2008

A Better Way

Watched this today. I need to watch it every day. I love the words to this song, but I think the lyrist forgot to include an important part. Jesus laid down his life for his friends, yes, but you know what part blows me away? When laying his life down for his friends, he also laid His life down for those He KNEW would reject Him. He laid his life down for those who would later try to distroy Him. Those who would later become murderers, liars and thieves. He suffered the greatest pain for those who would mock Him, deny Him and use His name in vein. And amazingly, he still called them His friends?

Yes.

He did.

He did it for you - and for me. He calls us friends when we aren't worthy enough to be called friends. Jesus loves us THAT much. It's incredible. It's indescribable. It's amazing.

This morning I am so thankful He calls me His friend.

THAT is the true definition of friendship.

Thank you Jesus!

0 comments: