CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Elvis is dead?

So - we were at home last week watching one of my newest favorite shows - The Next Best Thing on ABC. If you haven't seen it - it's a good one to watch! It's on Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. The show highlights celebrity impersonators and I'm telling ya - some of them are out of this world!

My daughter, Chloe, and I love to watch it. Truthfully, I am not sure what excites her about it - most of the talent that is performed is from no one she knows. We've watched look-alikes of Dolly Parton, Cher, Robin Williams, Frank Sinatra and Madonna - - she doesn't know any of those people. But there WAS someone last week she DID know.

There was one incredible performance from someone doing an outstanding impersonation of Elvis Presley. Honestly, who HASN'T heard of Elvis? So - there he is doing his thing on stage when Chloe looks up and says, "Mom - THAT'S ELVIS!!" Smart kid, I thought, but "It's not really him, baby." I replied, "It's just someone acting like Elvis." Quite puzzled, she looked at me and said, "No, mom, that's really him!" Okay, so I have to tell her, right, "No, honey, that's someone just pretending to be him. The real Elvis is dead." Her response was hilarious... "WHAT? Elvis is dead?????? When did this happen?" She was really distraught over the death of someone she never knew who died 23 years before her birth! WOW! Out of the mouths of babes!!

0 comments: