CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day Off!

Gotta love a day off in the middle of the week! Really breaks up the week. :)

Yesterday, I spent the day with my wonderful mom! We took a day off "just because"... mainly just because we needed some time together. Although she lives right here in my same hometown, we don't see each other as often as we should. Life gets busy and before you know it, weeks have passed and I realize I haven't seen her. Sure - we talk all the time and email back and forth a lot, but it was really nice to be able to connect with her and spend some good, quality time with her.

Our day began with a trip to IKEA. This place is awesome. I bought some things I am sure I didn't need - but wanted. :) Mom had never been there, so it was nice to see her experience IKEA for the first time. Then we headed to Ann Arbor for lunch at this place. Since my last visit here with Trevor back in May, it has now become my new favorite restaurant!!! YUM-O! Let me just tell you - if you plan to eat lunch there, don't plan dinner that night! I was still full at 7 p.m.! Definitely do the salad bar, too. It's SO worth it! The only down side to our visit here was that it was Ann Arbor's Art Fair - so traffic was pretty bad.

After lunch, we headed to Whole Foods. Love this place! But can I just say right now that I literally spent a small fortune on Michigan Sweet Cherries. $3.99 a pound! Now - they were the BEST cherries I have ever eaten - but I was in shock when it was the only thing in my cart and my total came to $10.93!! YIKES! My family thanked me when I got home, though, and we spent some time before bed relishing in their sweet goodness! :)

After Whole Foods Market, we visited Bed, Bath and Beyond. Please tell me how you can be a big shopper like my mom and have NEVER visited this glorious store before??? Another first for mom and again, spent money on things I am sure I didn't need. :0

What a great day! I so enjoyed having the opportunity to be with my mom and I'm ready for another day off like this again! :) Where are those darn Vacation Request Forms anyway...

0 comments: