CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Karrie

I never met her. I don't even know her last name. What I do know is that she was 9 years young, she was deeply loved and her life, although too short, was not in vain.

Her name was Karrie.

Our small group began praying for Karrie several months ago.

We prayed for healing. That wouldn't come.
We prayed for answers. That we'd never receive.
We prayed for peace and comfort. That would be difficult to accept.

But most of all, we prayed for God to be ultimately glorified through her. And for that, He proved Himself faithful.

On Tuesday, August 30, at around 7:30 a.m., sweet Karrie flew into the arms of her Savior, Jesus Christ. It was a bright and sunny morning. And as I read the news I fell to the ground and I wept.

Wept for a little girl I never had the privilege of knowing personally.
Wept for a mother's baby girl whose tears she would never get to wipe away again.
Wept for a father's daughter whose arm he could never walk down the aisle.

I wept.

And then I remembered Jesus wept too. (John 11:35). And he weeps with us now. He knows our pain and He feels our suffering.

And He loves.
And He cares.
And He aches.
And He blesses.

He gives. And He takes away.

And our assignment isn't to understand.
Our assignment is to trust. And obey.

And praise Him anyway.

And so I choose these things.

Not because I understand.
Not because I have the answers.
Not because it makes any sense at all.

But because I believe in a God who is GREATER than any circumstance!
Because through our suffering there is hope.
Because there is power in the resurrection of Jesus.

I choose hope.

I didn't know Karrie. But I look forward to meeting her on the streets of gold one day.

Until that time... I will trust. I will hope. And I will ask God to use my life to glorify Him.

Finding JOY in the JOurneY,



www.wendybender.blogspot.com

0 comments: