CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fourteen Years!












Photo Credit






Dear Trevor -

Today marks our fourteenth wedding anniversary. Fourteen years. All I can say is where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were embarking on this new journey together - and yet here we are... a few wrinkles and a couple gray hairs later.

We were so young when we first started out, weren't we? No real cares in the world. Money to spend on frivolous things if we wanted them. Minimal bills to pay. The world was ours for the taking. We stayed up late, slept in 'till noon and ate out just about every meal. We've seen a lot together and we've come a long way. Through all of my inadequacies and all of my failures, you still love me. You still choose me. And I am blessed beyond measure by your dedication to our togetherness. Our oneness.

Today I celebrate not just the quantity, but the quality of our marriage. Though sometimes masked with confidence when times were tough, your willingness to partner with me proves over and over again your desire to see this thing through. I admire the seriousness in which you take the responsibility you were entrusted. "Covenant, not contract" as you would say. There were times when walking away might have been easier, but you always chose God's higher calling and I could not be more proud to call you my husband.

I love being married to my best friend and I love the memories that we share. I love that you know what my weaknesses are, what my favorite ice cream is, what side of the bed I prefer and what makes me giggle. Nobody knows me like you do and I can't imagine sharing this one life with anyone else.

It's true that I am better for having said "I do" on a cold, icy day in the middle of March. And I promise to keep saying "I do" as long as God allows me air in these lungs.

What a ride this has been... and we're just getting started. Here's to 14 more!

I love being loved by you. I am, indeed, one lucky, lucky girl!

All the love this heart can hold,



1 Cor 13: 4-8 (MSG)

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end